Sunday, August 19, 2007

My Hero!








On Sunday after Connection Group, David headed over to my parent's house to finish up the gigantic book shelf unit he has been working on for our office. Today was the first time I had seen any of it- every time he goes over there to work, I am usually working on other "house" projects here. I am SO proud of David and his handi-work! They are beautiful! They are huge! I wanted David to stand by them for scale. David is 6 ft. 1 inch, and they are taller than him. They will look so nice in our office on those stained concrete floors. We priced units like this at furniture stores, and they were thousands of dollars. David went to Lowes, bought the lumber, and used the left over stain from the shutters he made. Total price- $150.00!!!!! Yes folks, $150 and we have a custom built bookshelf that is massive enough for all of our college books AND my trashy beach novels! Yeah!!! He is my hero (sigh!)

3 comments:

  1. Yes, Mr. David did a great job. Its so wonderful to have a husband around that can do projects around the house. And to be able to do massey projects like those book shelves saved you guys alot of money, & David can say he made them. David's office will be so nice & such a good place to store all those college text books. Whats David's next project?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow the book cases are beautiful!!

    I'm very excited about Friday night!!

    It's going to be lots of fun!!

    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is awesome! I need something like that very badly. Maybe I need to get the hubby to make a trip to Lowe's...

    ReplyDelete