Sunday, August 5, 2007

Guest Room







The guest room is almost complete. I still have some small projects that I need to get finished though, before it is ready for company. I am working on another piece of furniture, an antique night stand given to my by my granny, that I plan on refinishing and glazing. It has beautiful bowed legs and a little drawer. I also need to find a chocolate bed skirt to go on the bed. I bought the velvet quilt at T.J. Maxx, but it is not quite long enough to hide the hard wear under the bed. It looks fine, it really does, but I am a little too obsessive to leave it as is, so I may be going on the hunt soon to find one. The headboard is an interesting story. If you will look back at the before pictures, you will notice that it is a traditional headboard with legs to the ground. Well, after glazing it and getting it in the house, we noticed that it is really made for a queen, and not a full, despite what the salesman told us. I told David to cut it down, right at the top of the legs, buy some hard wear, and mount it onto the wall like a piece of art. So folks, what you have here is a floating head-board. I have seen Martha Stewart make floating headboards out of old doors, and even seen Candice Olsen from Divine Design make them out of upholstered wood, so I had a good idea what it would like. I am very pleased! With all the work it took to glaze it, I knew we had to incorporate it somehow. The bed pillows were another find- Pier one pillows bought at a bargain price from Big Lots. Who would have guessed it?? : )

6 comments:

  1. OMG!!!!

    My room looks gorgeous!
    It looks so good!!
    GREAT JOB!!!
    It's so pretty!!
    Well im going to bed! I will call you tomorrow =]]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your room Miss Rachel...I think Not..I might need a place to take a quick nap, I guess we could nap together just like to good old days, when you were very little...Ha!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The room looks great! Can I come over? :)

    Love how you mounted the headboard. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!! This room should be in a magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a nice comfy place for your guests! You two have put a lot of work into it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The furniture and room look absolutely wonderful! I love it!

    Kellye

    ReplyDelete