Sunday, August 12, 2007

My Masterpiece!!










I have to be honest- even I had my doubts when I drew up and delivered this plan to David and my mom- the plan to cut our table all up and stuff it like a Thanksgiving Turkey. I knew it would require the three of us to execute, and I held my breath until the last leg was glazed and installed. I am happy to report that it is so gorgeous, so unique, and so incredibly clever! I am really glad we took the plunge and went for it. Anytime you start cutting up perfectly good furniture, it is a bit intimidating, but if you have the vision, execute it! It fits on a blank wall we have in our bedroom perfectly (cut to that size on purpose, of course), and the copper tones in the shower curtain lend itself well to the cherry furniture we have. The small pillow is one I did not discuss earlier, but it is a plain pillow that I wrapped in brown ribbon, tied in a bow. I stuck a dangly earring through the knot, and stuck the back on the backside so that it is invisible. It just perks it up a little! I love, love old jewelry, and love trying to incorporate it where I can in the house. Do you have old, gotty, costume jewelry that you would never wear out? It may be just what your pillow is looking for!! : )

10 comments:

  1. the bench looks great! Would never know you used to eat off it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Brandy! It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You & David did a great job. You have some wonderful ideas that turn out so good. You should start your own T.V show called " Use what you have & how to shop the second hand shops" , you have done some great things with what you already had & have done great things things you have found at the local second hand stores. There's nothing wrong with stetching your dollar. Keep on crafting Miss Jessica....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!! The pillows are awesome. You are such an inspiration, and you put Martha Stewart to shame! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, that looks really good. You made me take a step back today and examine my shower curtain. Matt is thrilled. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessica and David,
    I love your home. You've inspired me to put a mantle under my T.V.!
    Dean will crap when I tell him what I want to do next!
    Love, love, love it!
    Lyndsey

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the new bench!!

    It's super cute! =]]

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks great! You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is the cutest most creative thing i have ever seen!!

    At first i thought that you had bought! Very cute =]]

    ReplyDelete