Wednesday, October 17, 2007

An Unexpected Party

Tonight, a new member of our Connection Group, and one of my mom's co-workers (and very best gal pals) came over to get crafty with me. I worked on my Christmas cards, and she made a baby card for a pregnant friend. When mom got wind Amber was with me, she hi-tailed it over, as not to miss out on any of the action. She came in her pajamas, and we laughed until our sides hurt. Not at her p.j's mind you, but at my mom in general. My mom has like an alter-ego at work and says these random, hysterical things. Amber was telling stories on her, and we all busted a gut. I started telling school stories, to which mom and Amber about rolled out of their rolly-chairs. Combine that with my Michael Jackson soundtrack playing in the next room, and we definitely had a fun, girly night. Say what you want about Michael. But his song, Billie Jean, is like my anthem. When that song comes on, get ready. It was one of those nights where everything was funny. It was truly a much needed night for me; earlier in the evening, David and I met with our insurance agent to arrange our life insurance policies, and after all that serious "business" talk, I was in desperate need of some gut-bustin'.



4 comments:

  1. When you make your slide-shows on your blog, how do you get music to play with them? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica, you always have the best earrings! I love them! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it was fun...but I had to go home before it got to late. I just can't hang with the young girls any longer, I was getting so tried.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great night! Everyone could use an impromptu girly night every once in awhile!

    ReplyDelete