Saturday, October 27, 2007

Landscaping












We closed on our house yesterday- finally! We finished construction in July, and moved in shortly after, but the market has been so crazy lately that closing in any timely fashion has been near impossible. We finished building right about the time the market plunged, and the underwriters are running fine-tooth combs over everyone closing to make sure they won't default on their loans. I'm so grateful my family is in banking, and knows the 'ins' and 'outs' of all the paperwork! We were so glad to sign those papers yesterday and be done with it! With a bit of a refund we received at closing, we bought some chocolate edging and made some woodchip beds, bought blinds, and the paint for the office stripes. We built on a little over an acre, so not having blinds has really not been an issue, but I am ready for them nonetheless. I am so looking forward to sod and woodchips, hostas, and evergreens! The house will look so pretty with a decent yard.

4 comments:

  1. You look adorable in that picture--and look at you, changin' up the blog!! You go Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The area your house is in is so pretty - makes me wish we had land around us even though I like our neighborhood. The landscaping will be beautiful I'm sure. It's such a hard job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Kelly. Your area is gorgeous! I can't wait to see the finished product of your landscaping.
    I also can't believe it took yall that long to close! Congrats on finally being done with it though. I know it can be a huge pain!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liek the look of the blog! I am sure you guys will love all those "extra" finishing touches that make a house a home. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete