Thursday, October 18, 2007

A Coffee Table Book

I'm so excited.. And I just can't hide it. I'm about to lose control, and I think I like it!! (Are you singing with me??)
Today, my coffee table book was delivered. Yes-I designed a coffee table book!! Woo Hoo!!

Having just built our house, I wanted to do something unusual with our pictures. I didn't want a scrapbook, or a photo album. I wanted something beautiful our children could one day easily look at. I wanted to preserve our memories with more than a camera chip. I went to My Publisher, online, and made an online scrapbook. Has anyone else done this?? It is the neatest thing. You get to choose your background, your captions, your journaling, your picture placement, your book style. You can choose a full page picture, or up to 12 on a single page. I loved it!! It was expensive, mind you. Even with a 15% off coupon, I paid $80.00, but, for us, it was so worth it for what we went through to build custom. I would highly recommend using them. The book I chose is taupe linen, and hardback. The pages are bound like a real coffee table book, and the pictures are glossy, just like a Better Homes and Gardens magazine! It even has beautiful vellum overlays inside. I would have loved to have taken more pictures of the book to post here, but the book was 76 pages long- I included our Open House pictures. Incredible, yall!!!
















19 comments:

  1. That is SO neat and something I'm sure you will always treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the only way Jennifer Raabe scrapbooks anymore. She's been putting together those kinds of books for her boys for a long time now. Anyway, you can download your paper and all kinds of stuff with it. They also offer coupons and discounts, so she just waits until she can get them on sale. The books are pretty cool and they make great gifts, too. I started making one with our Guatemala trip pictures but I never finished and ended up just scrapping them in my "travel" album.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the coolest thing!! I'm sure it'll totally be worth the money!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love that idea! looks like you took tons of pictures! what a fabulous idea! i like the pic at the end of you holding it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! I love it! I promise that I have WAY more than $80 in every scrapbook I have ever done, so when you think about it that way the price isn't that bad.

    And, yes, the Princess curls are au natural...she gets it from me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, this book was wonderful. The glossy pages were just like the books at a nice library. I was very impressed with it, it gives me allot of ideas with all the pictures I take. And really $80.0 isn't bad at all, you would sprend that much just getting supplies to craft with plus your time to scrap book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is the neatest book. It looks like a book that you'd buy at Barnes & Noble. Well worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Found you through Rachel...I LOVE that book..thanks for sharing!! I would love to make one for someone for Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is such a good idea. I might have to steal it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jessica, your book is awesome! I would love to make one for my husband because we custom-built our house with him doing most of the work(only took 6 years)! What a great gift for him since I took pictures of nearly everything we did! Thank you for sharing your book about your beautiful home!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing. I think it sounds like a great price for all you got and the quality.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Found you through pinkmommy and so glad I checked your blog out...this is the greatest idea! We custom built our home about two years ago and it was the most fun I've ever had. Wish I had taken enough pictures to turn into a book like yours. Oh well, maybe next time this idea will come in handy.
    I hope you don't mind if I add you to my list of fav blogs...I'm sure you'll be teaching me more fabulous things and I wouldn't want to miss out.
    Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful way to keep your memories for years to come. I know you will treasure it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is the most beautiful thing! Seriously, that's amazing!!! It looks incredible. Just like a real book. What a perfect way to capture all the hard work you guys have done. I MUST make one of those for my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your book looks great! I cannot wait to see it the next time I come over. HA!! No seriously... that is such a great idea! I coffee table book for your new coffee table in your new home. Love it!!

    Yes, I have made some of very similar books like these with Creative Memories. They are called Storybooks. I love that you can create 1 and then order multiple copies for gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Jessica, I love, I love it, I love it!!
    What a great idea... a coffee table book... with the history of your lovely home! A treasure for years and years! What a special gift for you and your husband to look back on and see God's hand in the whole process!
    I have friends that have really gotten into those books. Can't wait to do my first one... sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a precious idea!!! I am loving reading your blog with all your fantastic, creative ideas!

    ReplyDelete