Friday, October 26, 2007

The Office





David has agreed to paint some stripes in the office along one wall for me. If you will remember, he swore after the harlequin in the dining room that he would never paint again, but that man is easily persuaded! After I told him I would do it myself, he jumped on the wagon. He can't stand to see me do anything in the house without his expertise, so I know what to say every time to get him motivated. I want to match the stripes to the rug we have in the office, which is pretty modern- chocolate and burnt orange. The floors are stained concrete, and the room is really big. I think the stripes will warm it up a bit and it make it fun!

7 comments:

  1. I love that rug and chair. That's such a great space. The stripes will be a nice touch. Oh, the new backgrounds are actually scrapbook papers. My friend Erin Parker has the instructions on how to add the code on the second page of her blog if you want to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm amazed at how organized your bookshelves are! And I love your new banner. =) Good luck painting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT!!! I think it's a great idea. Kirk also gets sick of my painting ideas, but once I say I'll just do it, that gets him started, too! I meant to tell you on your coffee table book post that your house looks absolutely gorgeous! I must see some more pictures, especially of your harlequin painted dining room...I love harlequin!!! I think we might be decorating soul mates!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun painting! I love the new header!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Went back through your archives. LOVE the harlequin. Your house is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see the stripe! I'm sure it will look great! You are braver than me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a fun project for this week. Can't wait to see the finished results.

    ReplyDelete