Friday, October 12, 2007

Burnt Popcorn





Last night, Brandy, one of my oldest and best gal pal's, came over to see the baby scrapbook I have been working on for her. She is a lot like me in that she is a really visual, hands-on person, and I think being able to go through pictures and prioritize really helped her feel like she has some control over the book. I'm really glad she came! We sorted through the photos and stuffed them into envelopes, numbering and labeling them. I just know I will fly through this book now. She will most likely have it by Christmas. Brandy knows me oh so well, which I really love. She knows the "real" me, and by that I mean that I can totally be myself and I know she accepts and loves me; I have nothing to hide from her. I burnt the popcorn and smoked the house up. And she still stayed. Until 10:00 p.m. Laughing with me at old high school pictures. And she still stayed. It was like water to my soul. I love you, Brandy! Thanks for making me realize that being "me" is enough.

4 comments:

  1. I love you too! And it was more like 10:45pm. lol. I know you're exhausted today...but I really enjoyed it too!! Let's do it again, SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your comment on Brandy's page--you're both so pretty it makes me sick! Haha! It looks like you had fun. I'm itching to come over and see your house. I need some crafty ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone needs a lifelong, knows everything about you and loves you anyway, kind of friend. Glad you have one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good times together. Thats great to be able to find the time to hang-out. Is Brandy going to try to scrap book the years ahead after you are done with the first year of Jordon's life? You have given her lots of good ideas she could copy page for page, at least thats what I'd do, ha!!! I don't take the time to scrap book, but its a great talent to have.

    ReplyDelete