Sunday, October 28, 2007

The Making of the Christmas Card

Every year, I hand make 150 Christmas cards complete with photo and newsletter. It has been a tradition in our little family since we were married in 2001. I love it! Choosing my paper, ribbon, card stock, and favorite pose is something I am obsessed with. Just the thought of it makes me giddy. I am attending a card party on Tuesday, and thought if I could get some pictures taken today, I will only be that much closer to having them finished. My newsletter has been written, and I am ready to go! Today, my mom took several of our family members pictures for various events- Rachel's senior pictures, our Christmas card pictures, and our good friends, Zack and Amy's Christmas photos. David and I chose to have our pictures taken at the Village on the Creeks in Rogers. There were hundreds- literally- to choose from, but I think I have narrowed it down. I am really lucky to have a "mom photographer" because I have at my disposal a woman with a great camera who would love nothing more that to snap photos of me all day. Posted are a few favorites, but I am withholding the final choice as a surprise! Enjoy!









Mom said something hysterically inappropriate, and David and I literally fell off the edge of the hill, laughing our butts off!


15 comments:

  1. The pics are great. David must love you a lot to agree to wear pink and have it documented. Bj would never in a million years go for it. lol! Looking forward to the card, per usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun pictures! Oh, and I LOVE the shoes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a beautiful day for a photo shoot. I'm sure you had a hard time deciding on the final winner. I, too, am loving those fab pink shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the pink shoes!!!
    Love the pink bow in Bichon's hair!
    How did you convince David to go with the pink theme? He is one nice husband!
    The pictures are great - I'm sure your Christmas Cards will be awesome. That is my FAVORITE part of Christmas - the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pictures turned out wonderful (as usual). I love the pink theme...we might have to do something like that for our family pics this year (hope you don't mind if I steal it). :) Where'd you get the shoes? Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You all are such a photographic family! I can't wait...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pictures! I cannot wait to see the final pose. I am going to a card workshop tonight too!

    Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are precious pictures!! You guys look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun pictures! Love the pink and whites together. I'm looking forward to getting your Christmas card!! (you are way ahead of me with C. cards!!)
    miranda

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was fun...I would have a hard time chooseing just one, but I know which one I'd go with. Poor David he got tired of smiling by the time we were done, Ha!!!! And Bichon was down right tired-she slept after we got back to my house, she wasn't her same high engery puppy. This time of year is great for christmas photos, before it gets too chilly. Can't wait to see which photo you go with

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my. I am just loving the picture of you guys laughing! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. All of your pictures are just great....my favorite is the first one....you look very relaxed and Bichon looks very happy to be in between you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i really love the one of you guys laughing! candid shots are always so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute Shoes! Love them! You guys are still SOOO Cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete