Thursday, July 26, 2007

Mudslides Be Gone!











At 8:00 a.m. the brick and stone layers returned to finish out the steps, and begin the retaining wall. It is stair stepped, so that we can incorporate our landscaping with it. It is done in our exterior brick to make it appear as just an extension of our house. It will hopefully stop our precious dirt from running off the back of our mountain- as I like to call it. It was around 8:00 p.m. and they were still out there working! I felt so sorry for them. The main brick layer, whose name is Pepe, speaks fairly good English, so I asked him what his opinion was of lemonade. His face lit up, so I ran in, grabbed a pitcher, some cups, and some chocolate cookies, and fed the crew a little snack. My mom came by for a visit, and Bichon was beside herself with joy! Bichon plus GiGi equals treats for no reason! Lemonade anyone? : )

2 comments:

  1. Hey now, Bichon is such a good little friend of mine. She use to be my sleeping buddy. Bichon & I just love nap's. Every chance we get we take one. It keeps us both out of trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And as for the treats, Bichon really needs them....

    ReplyDelete