Monday, July 2, 2007

Jessica- the artist!





Mom began painting canvases for me when we first moved in almost nine months ago. She has done brown and robin-egg blue color schemes for my bedroom and bathroom. After seeing her handiwork, I thought I would try it too. This last weekend, Rachel and I worked on this one together. I think we laughed more than we worked, but it came out perfect. I don't care for it to be exactly "so-so perfect", but I rather like the imperfections. They will always remind me of this time in my life, living back at home and having fun with my mom and Rachel! : ) The embellishment is actually an old earring my mom found while going through her jewelry box. She donated it to my cause. Thanks mom!

1 comment:

  1. Well its all coming together..I say if you can't find what you need to for your house, just how hard would it be to try & make it, Hummmmmm. Sometimes it turns out good & sometimes you get better the more you keep trying. And with paint if you don't like it you can just paint it over. This is how most of the craft projects come from. But its fun...

    ReplyDelete