Monday, July 2, 2007

I love the Salvation Army!!!












I have been in such a little crafty mood! I bought a canvas today to paint Bichon a wall plaque, and four letter "M"'s. I am planning on hanging the canvas above Bichon's food bowl in the laundry room about waist high. The lettle "M"'s will probably go in my my foyer or in my built-ins. The "M"'s were raw wood, so I decided to give them a color wash with two colors.I have to tell you about the brooches and jewelry I have hanging on them! On Saturday, mom, Rachel, and I went to the Salvation Army in Springdale and I hit the jack-pot! I found new roman shades in their boxes, and a whole tray of gorgeous costume jewelry. I plan on hanging the shades in the bathrooms of the new house. The costume jewelry looks perfect on my artwork and letters. The "M" that is blue and brown will go in my bedroom, and if you will notice, the jewel on it is actually an old belt loop that I cut off a hideous belt. Mom noticed it had rhinestones on it, and picked it up for 50 cents. After some cutting at home, it was ready for my ribbon! Note to self: the Salvation Army has antique brooches... Hhhmmmmmm.... : )

2 comments:

  1. Isn't Bichon so special, she doesn't care anything about her new plake, just feed,water me & give me lots of love. She's such a wonderfull little dog....we just love her.

    ReplyDelete