Monday, July 30, 2007

Home Sweet Home








The brick and rock crews have finished and left, the retaining wall held the mud up pretty well last night with the thunderstorm that came through, and David's shutters are now hung! He made them out of leftover wood the framers left behind, and stained them a shade similar to that of our brick. We wanted to be different than our neighbors, so instead of having a slender shutter on each side of the windows, David suggested making fat ones that would "cover" the window. At night, it looks great when our exterior house lights hit them. Great idea, Dave! We installed the lights that shine up, rather than the ones that shine down out of the eaves. Since our brick is randomly pulled out to create that "old world" look, the light hitting them makes the house look almost creepy. Especially with all the tree branches being lit up. That's right kids- mean ol' Mrs. McCash lives here. It's haunted. Stay away! : )
(Note: In the bottom two pictures, Bichon is crying for her mamma! Awwwwww!! Can you find her?) : )

5 comments:

  1. The house looks great! I know you guys are enjoying it. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The house looks great! I know you guys are enjoying it. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see little Bichon's face in that side window, she wants outside too. The shuttlers look great...good job David. I was helping hold the ladder, I almost died, well not really but it was way up there on the side of that hill. Glad no one got hurt...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found Bichon because that's EXACTLY what Dawson does if I go outside for even a second. He looks out our dining room window at me. And when I come in - he acts like I've been gone for 10 years. (even if I just went to get the mail). ha!
    P.S. Your house is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's better in person ;-) shutters look great David. Do you ever actually use shutters or are they just for looks, I've always wondered.

    ReplyDelete