Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Slowly, but surely......












Remember, it is still a mess. I have nothing hung, or decorated yet. I'm still just working with the bare bones, and getting things cleaned. The dining room drapes were made by my granny- thank you granny! My ceilings are 10 ft., treyed to 11 ft., so she made them over 12 ft. so they could be hung crown to baseboard and still puddle. They are really pretty. The red drapes were also made by my granny and are in the guest room. They used to hang in our living room (for those of you who have photographic memories). We got our bedroom assembled tonight, and the feet put on our new living room furniture. I decided to go with really crisp, bright, modern furniture. My couch is lime green and red- very "me!" I was tired of the "matchy-matchy" stuff I had before, and just chose different pieces from different sets, so nothing looked like it went together on purpose. I'll keep posting as we move in!

7 comments:

  1. Oh Jessica...I just love the dining room. It looks great. I love the curtains in the guest bedroom, it all is coming together so nice. What a wonderfull home you & David will have. Maybe this weekend I can measure for the curtains in your craft room since we already have the material it should go together pretty fast. I know you & David must be so tried, you guys are working at the house late every night. I miss not getting to see you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jess!!! It all looks so beautiful!! I wish that I was there to help you! I can't wait till I get back so I can see it all in person! I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica I miss you and David!! I can't wait to get back and see the house! I know how much you love getting comments so I thought that I would let you know that I DO get on here!! lol... O and Emmi, Taylor, and Emmi's little brother Chase all say Hi!! We're having so much fun up here!! Today we went to Frisco (Which is right by Dallas)and went to the big mall there. It had an ice skating rink in it!! It was amazing. Tomorrow we might go to their farm and ride four-wheelers. OK well we're about to go eat our chocolate covered strawberries we made and watch a movie. I love you and miss you oh so very much!! Mwah!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your house is GORGEOUS! I love the dining room.
    We have the same bedroom furniture! I love the bedding you have for it (in the TJ Maxx bags) - it makes me want to run the TJ right now! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You need to put new pictures on here!!! :]

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree Rachel! Although I know you all are incredible busy!!!

    ReplyDelete