Sunday, July 15, 2007

A PHD in geometry needed!






After seeing so many harlequin designs at the Parade of Homes, David and I decided it would look smashing in our dining room. Although it was my initial idea, David requested that he be in charge of the project due to the math involved ("I can do math", I told him!) He used painter's blue tape and we went a shade darker than the color we chose for our walls. Our dining room walls are Sassy Green, and the harlequin is Tupelo Tree. All of our home is painted in Sherwin William's paints. So, just note that the blue diamonds are the painter's tape- not the actual color. I am so impressed with David's accuracy and precision. He did a much better job than what I could have done- it took him 3 hours alone to measure and tape off the diamonds! He used a level to ensure they were on a perfect "plane". Our celings are 10 feet with a trey to 11 feet, so it was quite a task on top of a ladder. It is finished, the tape is pulled off, and it looks beautiful! I will post finished pictures tomorrow! I can't wait to share them with you! Keep checking back as we are settling in to see all of my crafts!

1 comment:

  1. Just look at that David...well he really does know his math so it was best that he did the painters tape,Ha!!!! It looks great done..I want to do that now.

    ReplyDelete