Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Where Do You Go To Unwind?

Ask me to show you where I go to unwind, and I will take you down the stairs to my craft room, which is located in our walk-out basement. There is a big, sunny picture window where I can see most of our tree covered acre. It is an inspirational place to sit and paint. The craft room connects to David's office, and those are the only two rooms located downstairs, if you don't count our garage, of course, or David's wood-working room. All of the rooms downstairs have concrete floors- my craft room and the office are stained concrete. I LOVE these floors and am so happy with our decision to use them when we built. They are perfect in the office for rolling around in the rolly-chair, and great for the craft room when you need to vacuum up glitter!

I love this room! With a big window and a glass door to the back deck, I may never leave!!









My dad built this desk for me as a child, and it makes a perfect storage station for all of my "stuff!"



I have two of these industrial sized paper cutters, and I could absolutely not live without them!!



I love Stampin Up! stamps!


My mother actually gave this old Singer to me two days ago. She bought it when we lived in Germany. It is old and precious to me. I'm honored to have it, mom!



This old filing cabinet painted with white rust-o-leum makes a perfect caddy to hold all of my tools.







My paint station sits on top of the filing cabinet and easily holds all of my brushes, paints, paper towels, and glitter.



I found this work desk this last summer at a garage sale. The wire baskets hold my fabric and crotchet projects.



These hanging baskets hold the ribbon I use most frequently for either wrapping, or crafting. Below those are my bins for gift bags and tissue paper.











I put everything that inspires me into my "Idea Box." I always save any handmade cards I receive, but I also save unique baby announcements, wedding invitations, and Christmas cards. They are fun to pull out on a rainy day!



This kitchen island used to grace our old kitchen, but with us building a bigger house, it was no longer needed. I smartly saved it during the construction process, and now it is a great place to store scrapbook paper, albums, and die-cuts.



From my work table, this is the view I have into the office.



Where do you go to unwind?

19 comments:

  1. Wow! If I had an awesome craft room like that, I would definitely go there! So jealous. =)

    As it is now, I go to my living room couch and do some knitting when I want to unwind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone as crafty as yourself should have such a wonderful craft room. That was smart to build that into your house plans! You are so organized with all of your stuff.
    I have a little office in our laundry room. Scott mounted a TV in there and it's where I blog and read e-mails and pay bills and write cards and just sit and watch TV a good majority of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome room! Love the stripes on your walls. Very cozy! I can tell you are a teacher by all of the organization and labeling! It takes one to know one ;0)

    Oh, by the way, I wish I would've had a picture of your craft room for my "workspace" entry on my blog. It would've been fun to show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so organized! I usually go to my room, which right now is the smallest room in the house and I think my have the most stuff in it. I can't wait to set my room up. That's where I'll start! I figure if mom and dad have a great room of their own to escape to...everyone is a lot happier! The kids really get the rest of the house anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I only had a room like that. This is a goal!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so fortunate to have a great room like that. One day I will, too! Right now I just have the choice of escaping to our bedroom, Zayde's room or the bathroom to get away from everyone. So, it's usually just the good 'ole sofa with Zayde right on top of me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the detailed shots of your craft room. My scrap closet is not nearly that big but it is definitley a fun place for me to go unwind and get my fingers all inked up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, the organization in that room makes me drool!

    I love to sit on my back patio and drink some tea and watch the squirrels, or sometimes deer, play.

    ReplyDelete
  9. when we buy a house in the spring can you come stock my 'art room' :) you have EVERYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That room is to die for! It's so much cleaner than mine. My room is sort of small though, so I have to stack stuff tight up to the wall. I love your room! How fun! And I agree that crafting and creating is so calming and theraputic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great room!! I can see why you love it!! I don't really have a place I unwind...other than the couch and in the kitchen. I like to cook for therapy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!!! You have no kids..right!!! hahah my craft room is kids playroom!!! so my stuff is in this tote and that tote and oohh yea that tote! Very nice...can I come over!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oohh pss I have that same lamp in the dark red too!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! You had me at big window and glass door to the back deck!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is strange to think that we've all grown up. I have a friend who thinks like you about having babies. They were married seven years before they got pregnant. By the time they decided it was time, it took them a year to conceive. She went to her first appointment on her 30th birthday. She's so excited. I think every couple has to figure out their own timing. Plus, you have the added benefit of having married young! Jeff is seven years older than me. (we were married all of 6 months before I got pregnant.) I got your card by the way. Loved the added letter. It was great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jessica, I have been reading your blog too! How funny! Can I just tell you, that you are just so creative and pretty much all of your posts inspire me. I love reading about all your projects, so don't you stop posting about them! I added you to my list of friends!

    As for the question, I usually calapse on the couch from exhaustion. If is is summer-time I like to sit in the rocking chairs on the porch like a grandma. Haha. I love to read so I usually just read to unwind and I can do that anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love when you post pictures of your craft room. it inspires me to get mine less cluttered. i'm pretty organized too but i really have so much stuff, and so many projects in the works that it just gets crazy. plus, i share my creativity space with my office/computer so between all my files/papers/computer stuff, and craft stuff, it gets tight even if it is an entire room. i go to barnes & noble to relax lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love reading your blog! And I'm SOOOO jealous of your craft room!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your craft room... it is so inspiring I want to do something more to my office!

    Wow- what a great place to go and create!

    I love the snowman painting you did, too. How adorable- you arereally talented:-)

    ReplyDelete