Wednesday, December 19, 2007

This, That, and the Other!

We have been busy! 60 5th graders and two days before Christmas break does not equal peace and quiet! : ) Let me catch you up to speed on what we have been up to lately!

Monday night I attended an ornament exchange party at my cousin, Rachel's house.









Tilly, their spoiled dog's stocking- love it!


Rachel's homemade stocking- so cute!


Me and Rachel




Rachel and her family took Tilly to see Santa. As far as I know, Santa and Tilly made it just fine together! Tilly's want-list was a bit much, but I know Santa will consider it! : )



My sweet, sweet Rachel is a senior this year! Isn't she gorgeous??



Rachel and I with all of her cute friends! (I look so goofy in this picture because I had to set my timer and run, and by the time I got there I was laughing!)



Tuesday night at our house, we hosted the bank's branch Christmas party. I unfortuntately did not take any pictures. It was not a "spouse" party. The bank had their family bank party a few weeks ago at Uncle Gaylords, and this party was just for the branch employees. I got the house "beautified", cooked, and met some of the employees at the door as they arrived. I then left to go shopping with my mom. I am so happy knowing that David has his own life, his own circle of friends, and his own sense of accomplishment at work. We are a team, but we always give each other "me" space. David loved hosting his own party and games. He was so happy when I came home because he got to tell me all about it! He even took everyone on a tour of the new house and gave them the "play-by-play (which is something I usually do)! I love that David of mine! : )



My friend Brandy likes cats, so I painted a cute Christmas frame for her to use next year. Meow! : )


David took off work today, Wednesday, and worked in the yard in our flower beds. Our niece, Amber, came over to help. Having an acre of land to maintain is no small feat, and our solution to this problem was to make flower beds as big as hippopotamuses! They are gorgeous! The big trees really make them feel magical!











Today at school, I received an email during my 2nd class. Seeing that is was from David, I assumed he was sending me a little message to tell me the great place he had lunch at (he knows I despise eating school lunches!) Instead, I saw a message that read- "Merry Christmas! I hope you enjoy the tiles. Love, David" Would you just look at all of those tiles, girls!!! Whatever am I going to do with all of those tiles??? PAINT MY HEART OUT!!! I'm now accepting orders!! (By the way, David set the timer himself in order to take that picture. I don't know what is funnier- the tiles, or the fact he set the timer to take a picture of himself and emailed it to my school!!)





In 5th grade at the Middle School, we have been working on cookbooks as presents for parents. The students have brought in their favorite recipes, and with lots of help, they have been assembled. Today I brought strips of white butcher paper from home and let them decorate it to look like wrapping paper. We wrapped them with the intention of sending them home on Friday. They turned out so cute!! I love being a teacher! (sigh....)








David and I are hosting a murder mystery dinner party on December 29th at our house! We are so excited! We have been to one before and it was sooo much fun- very intense, but loads of laughs! We have 11 people attending, counting us, and all will be coming dressed in costume to play their part. I can't wait to post pictures of that party!

24 comments:

  1. Very cute picture frame! The Murder Mystery dinner party sounds fun and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your house is gorgeous! I love all of the pics!
    Please tell me how you have time for all of this and work to? I can't seem to get it together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cousin rachel IS so cute and her stocking is SOOOO cute! Ya'll have been busy. The murder mystery party sounds fun - can't wait to read a post on that! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness, when do you breathe? I thought I was busy and I am not teaching full time anymore! I just love your energy. Have a wonderful Christmas if you don't post again before then!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel is just beautiful! It's great that you two are still so close. I will have to order a ceiling tile from you when we redo Brooklynn's room--something pink and VERY girly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the frame!!!! It's just darling!! I can't wait to display it! :-)

    We got our Murder Mystery Party, which from now on I am going to refer to as MMP, assignments yesturday and I think you have some sick sense of humor making me a FRENCH MAID!!! But, it'll be fun. We're excited.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun party idea! I've always wanted to go to one. Can't wait to see those pics. it's very sweet you are so close with your cousin-she's beautiful! I know the parents are going to love those cookbooks, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've been busy, girl! I absolutely cannot wait until our Murder Mystery Party!! I have my outfit all picked out- we're going to have soooooo much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. David is such a great guy. He went to alot of trouble to get those tiles for you & he wanted you to see them, Ha!!! And I know Miss Rachel loved having you at her Christmas party, & all her pretty friends from school. Those cookbooks are great gifts for the parents of your kids at school, something the kids could actually make while they are on Christmas break at home, I think I need one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK...lots to comment on:

    -the cookbook is such a sweet idea. We don't really get to do anything like that at my school.

    -are you serious about taking orders on the tiles? How big are they? I might be interested!!

    -your husband is so sweet! Does he have a clone out there?! hee hee :)

    -the murder mystery party sounds awesome! Can't wait to see that post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My you have been busy! What a sweet husband you have! All those tiles...wow!! I wish I had your gift of creativity! I've never been to a murder mystery party either but would love it. My roommate's bible study had one a couple of weeks ago and she said it was great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. have fun with all those tiles!!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. If you are serious about taking orders...we should talk because I am totally intersted. Leave me your email address (if you will) so I can email you about it. I think a murder mystery party would be so much fun, I can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow! That sounds like so much fun!! :)

    You are so crafty! I would love to make an order for Lily's Room! Or even my Living room...something like 3 snowmen (a papa snowman and mama snowmama and a baby snowgirl) with our names over it would be really CUTE!!! Let me know if you'd be interested in that and how much you charge! :) Only if you're serious about taking orders though! Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I went to the U of A and graduated waaaaay back when! I was involved with AAO - too! At that time Brad and Debbie Friess led it - I am not usre if they are still around or not!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Okay...love the cookbook idea. I am storing that one away for when I go back to teaching...my mind is racing already with incorporating that into meaningful teaching!!! I know it was probably a huge project, but those are always the BEST lessons!!!

    Oh...and the MMP (as Brandy is calling it) sounds fun. I've always seen those kits at Hallmark and thought it sounded like a lot of fun. Did you know there is a place somewhere in OK that you can do a MM weekend at a hotel? Our GK-12 guy at school last year did it w/a bunch of friends. They give you costumes and everything. I thought it sounded like tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! They are so reasonable. I was needing someing over my buffet table in the kitchen. If you go to my Nov. posts, you can see it, under 'Grown-Up Art Project'. I think one of your tiles would look good there. I was thinking of a verse, Hebrews 13:2, it is about entertaining which I thought would be good for a kitchen. It may be too long though...I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  18. i just LOVE Rachel's homemade stocking. she couls totally sell those.

    merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like you have been having so much fun:-)

    The murder mystery party sounds like such a good time- can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am loving those tiles. I am trying to find somewhere I can buy them cheap!! I can't wait to get started painting some!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Rachel's stocking is so cute!! I can't believe she is a senior. I remember when she was so little! I would love to have one of the tiles to hang in each of my boys bedrooms. I have always wanted to go to a Murder Mystery party. I wish I lived closer to you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, what a beautiful house! I saw your post from BooMama's Christmas tour! We are in the process of starting to find ideas for building a home too! I love what you have done. Unfortunately we can't have basements here in Florida, or I'd be SO into the craft room! If you are serious about tile orders, let me know. :o) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm thinking about placing an order too! Just not positive with what I want... I'll think about it! I absolutely love that David set the timer and sent you a picture. He's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete