Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Christmas Party

Tonight was our Christmas party for work. Actually, it was just the 5th grade that met, but we had so much fun being together out of the typical "work day" atmosphere. There are six 5th grade teachers, and we work in teams of two- team "A" and team "B". Each team has a Math teacher, a Science and Social Studies teacher, and a Language Arts and Reading teacher. We have one Special Education teacher, as well, that assists with both teams.

We met tonight at the Science and Social Studies teacher's home, Mrs. Ashworth. Her and her husband finished construction on their new home, and moved in at the end of last year. They also just had a baby, which added to the fun of all of us coming over to visit. Her home was just beautiful- it felt so warm and cozy. Her 12 foot Christmas tree was dazzling, and it really got me in the mood for Christmas. She had a little razzle-dazzle everywhere you looked! We had a fun gift exchange where I walked away with a charming ceramic Santa. I love Santa stuff!! We also had lots of great food: chick-fil-a nuggets and icing cookies from Rick's Bakery in Fayetteville to name a few!!

I love the 5th grade teachers I teach with. They are all so warm and kind and caring. We are all very different, but get along better than any other group of teachers I know. I am blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful Christian women. They challenge me to be my best and to give my all everyday.


Me with my homemade goodies: Little Dollies, Snickerdoodles, and Banana Nut Bread.




Alana's baby girl, Channing.


Channing's boots- very haute couture, if you ask me!


Alana's pretty tree.










Abbie- what a sweet dog!




Della, the Special Education teacher.


Veronica(Math)


Alana(Science and Social Studies), and Mary(Math).




Linda (Language Arts and Reading)


Me (Language Arts and Reading)


Candace (Science and Social Studies)












A silly game we played- we got a few good laughs out of that one!

8 comments:

  1. Glad you girls had fun. It is nice to hear that you work with such a great group of women.

    Chat later...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. That is so funny to see.. Mrs. Estopy and Mrs Bartholomew were my 5th grade teachers!!! How crazy is that! Mrs.Estopy will always be remembered by our class because she had the first pair of doc martens we had ever seen - they were green! And Mrs. Bartholomew - we always took note that she never wore the same outfit in the whole year we had her! Just had to share that after seeing these pics of my childhood teachers!!! Just think, you're creating memories with your students they will always remember!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how fun- I LOVE Christmas parties!! I want that Paula Deen book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What are those Little Dollies and how do you make them? I NEED to know. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. mLooks so fun - those cookies from Rick's look SO good and are SO cute - especially the reindeer one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I second Janelle: what are little dollies?? They look yummy.
    and her house is so festive. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you have any left-over Rick's cookies you want to ship this way????? MY FAVORITE!! One of the things I craved when I was pregnant. I'd go in there and get the HUGE ones for a snack when I was in that part of Fay. :) I'm w/Amy...I want the Paula Deen book too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! You look super cute--as always!

    ReplyDelete