Saturday, December 29, 2007

Murder At The McCash's

Saturday night, David and I hosted a murder mystery dinner for nine people. It was beyond incredible!! The food, the costumes, the jewelry, the wigs.... we died laughing at all of our closest friends. It was incredible to see so many dressed in costume and REALLY get into playing their part. Clues were hidden on both levels of our home, as well as on our decks, in our basement and garage, and outside. It was a complicated game witht twists, turns, wills, lies, forged checks, and love affairs. Pierre Dupree, the billionare, was found dead, strangled by a strand of Mardi Gras beads. The only question.. who dund' it?? : )

Let me introduce the cast and crew....

I will start with myself, Jessica AKA Countess Clue and host of the Marde Gras Ball! I am known for knowing a little bit about everyone! A gossip maybe, but always honest when confronted!





Meet Amber AKA "Elsie", the maid of Chateau DuPree and maid of the murdered billionaire, Pierre Dupree. She was known for being able to easedrop and dust at the same time!





Amy AKA "Melissa Dupree" and wife of the murdered billionaire. Once a former Vegas gal, Melissa is known for dressing on the risque side! This delighted her, now dead, 88 year old husband! Woo Hooo!!! Many believe she married for money only!!







Amy (Melissa Dupree), me (Countess Clue), and Amber, (the maid).



Zack AKA "Matthew Gator", a guy from the Bayou who wants to marry "Alexis Dupree."
Matthew is known for his skill at gator trapping and skinning. Though he is too poor for shoes, he thinks he has a shot with "Alexis!"







David AKA "Cayenne Pepper", the chef of the mansion and personal chef of the now dead Pierre Dupree. Mr. Pepper is skilled in making his own special sauces. He also has a "red hot" temper in AND out of the kitchen! We could hear him yelling at people from every room of the house!





"Matthew Gator" and "Chef Pepper"
(You gotta love my hubby's ever-fashionable Pampered Chef Bride apron! Ha!)



"Chef Pepper" and "Countess Clue" - David and I : )





Meet Lyndesy AKA "Alexis Dupree" and the only child of the murdered Pierre Dupree. (Later we found out we had several illegitimate children of his in our midst!) "Alexis" is known for being spoiled and dramatic. Her and "Gator" are engaged. Her murdered father was not happy that she wanted to marry a "swamp-rat!" Alexis is left with the estate now that her father is dead. Maybe that was her MO?





Dean and Lyndsey as "Alexis" and "Bourbon." "Bourbon Dupree" is the jazz musician hired by the murdered Pierre Dupree to perform every year at the Mardi Gras Ball. He thinks rich folk are 'monkeys' and hates fancy parties! He is very mysterious and seems very angry.



"Gator" and "Melissa"- Zack and Amy





Meet "J. Stevens Peek" and "Connika Gothika" AKA Craig and Carmen. "Mr. Peek" was the only attorney and will recipient of the murdered Dupree. He and the murdered billionare were best friends and very close. "Mr. Peek" had access to the family's wills and testaments. "Connika" is a neighbor and lives across the street from the mansion. She is a famous book author, whose book conincidentally tells the tale of Dupree's murder with matching similarities!



The game begins with every guest reading their background and clue information. The game took about two full hours and included eight chapters of play. It was confusing at first, to keep a straight face AND keep all of the information about each player straight!



Our group- which one is a murderer?





It's Criag-the attorney! He killed the billionare, but was so good, NO ONE GUESSED HIM AT THE END, so he got to walk away with the prize!! Sheesh... what a good liar! He had us all fooled! My guess was on "Bourbon Dupree", but I was wrong. Dead wrong! : )



The grand prize- one of ever skittles flavor, and one of every starburst flavor. Yummy!



I made my mask out of feathers from Hobby Lobby, and a clip-on earing! What do you think? Pretty gotty, hu? Ha ha ha! My dress came form the Salvation Army in Springdale.





This box kit came with booklets for each character, eight clues, a poilce report, and scripts for each person to read/directions. It also had invitations to mail, name tags, costume ideas, and a menu. It cost about $40.00 and came from Melody's Choices in the mall. I'm sure it could be found online, as well.

29 comments:

  1. I glad I decided to look at one last blog before I hopped outa here to Kansas City. That is so much fun!!! But I can imagine it would be confusing! I don't know how good I would be at that game... but I'm sure it was a blast. Those costumes are great! I'm glad the party was a success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun! I'm trying to decide if my friends would actually dress up for the parts like your friends did - they did great!
    What an original idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A clue party is a great idea! Where do you come up with these ideas? How fun!
    As far as the pioneer woman comment, Maybe without all the glamorous life experience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute idea!!! I can imagine you hamming it up! :) Oh, and thank you for your sweet comment--you made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how fun! You all dressed the parts so well. I can imagine only a few of my friends playing along like that. We may have to give this a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!! Love the pics!! I ordered it!!! did You know there's different parties!!!! I went threw Amazon...The pasta one looks fun too...great idea and I just love it went people aren't afraid to go all out!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SOOOO FUN!!! Sorry to have missed it!! You looked great! Love you and miss you too!! You're still off another week, right? Can we fit something in? Jordan is about back to her self, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH-and u would LOVE Diane--she's a biker babe too!! If we could all look as good as her at her age--which you'd never guess in a billion years.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun!!! I would love to do something like that!! I loved your mask too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like so much fun! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have always thought those looked like fun! Everyone's costumes were adorable. I like Amy in a wig...FUNNY!! She was lookin' a little scandelous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun! I love how all of your friends got so into it!
    You are making me want to have a game night!!!
    McCoy says he would love for you to be his 1st girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are SO fun! I love this idea, and I love that your friends were so into it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so much fun I am sure!! This is great!! I dont think my man would ever go for it!! =) I played that once and it was so fun!
    u have some mad skillz with the mask!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks like so much fun. I am so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun party! I loved all the "parts" to the mystery! I'm sure it was hilarious! I'm like Kelly, I'm not sure if my friends would dress up! I wish they would b/c it would be a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, stumbled onto your bolog and glad I did. What fun it looks like you had at your dinner party! That would be SO MUCH FUN! It looks like you have a good group pf friends to play along. I am going to have to get that game...or crash your next party! (smile)
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Since the tile for AshleyH is done, do we get to see it?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness!! That is awesome! Y'all are so fun. That would be so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I cannot tell you what a BLAST we had! I can't wait to do it again. The best part was getting to dress up and see everyone else's outfits! :) Love Ya!
    ~Amy- AKA: "Melissa Dupree"~

    ReplyDelete
  21. Everyone looked so good. I wish I hadn't felt bad, I would of loved to have taken pictures for you all. It looks like everyone really got into it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks like you guys had alot of fun!!
    I'm sorry that me and Ryan couldn't make it...but we had alot of fun in Kansas City!
    Love you!! =]]

    ReplyDelete
  23. (I'm here via Staci's blog...)

    HOW FUN! I'm so jealous! I did a murder mystery once but we didn't do the whole costume thing. We were obviously missing out!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just catching up on some website reading. It looks like you guys had a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  25. That looks like a blast! I'm going to have to find that!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This looks SOOOO fun (although I'm not much of an actress, and I would be horrible at the game) but I think it's such a neat idea! I love your costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  27. OMG! What a fun night. Amy is hilarious! That was such a great idea, and you are the perfect person to pull it off.

    ReplyDelete
  28. You guys must be the most fun couple EVER! What a neat idea. I always thought it would be fun to go to one of these. I had no idea they made a game where you could host it!

    I love your mask! The more frou-frou, the better, I think! :)

    ReplyDelete