Friday, December 28, 2007

Fantastic Friday

Being out of school as a teacher on holiday break means that Friday really holds no magic for me. Everyday is a vacation! : )

Friday afternoon, my good friend Lyndsey and her son, Hudson, came over to visit. I gave them their Christmas gift, and Lyndsey and I scouted around the house for costumes for tomorrow night's murder mystery we are hosting. Lyndsey is such a fun girl, and one of my oldest friends. Our mothers were bridesmaids in each others weddings, as was Lyndsey and I. We were on Pom-Squad together, worked together after high school, and have always stayed close. It has been fun "growing up" together.


















Hudson and I




Friday night, our best friends, Zack, Amy, and Zayde, came over for dinner. We rented the movie Clue and played a round of Clue, the game. We also exchanged gifts. Playing Clue got us in the mood for the part-ee! At one point in the evening, the phone rang. It was Carmen, a cousin who is coming to the party also. We discussed costumes and menu plans, and Carmen scoffed that she didn't have a black wig to wear (her character is supposed to have black hair.)I laughed and said, "Who owns a wig? No one!" About that moment, I turned around in time to catch Amy wearing a curly, short wig! We died laughing! She had actually packed it so she could wear it and let me see how it looked! She is definitely ready to play her part tomorrow. It is going to be the bomb-diggity!





We ate so much junk! : )







I love Amy's surprise face! Clue is like "our" couples game, ya know!









Green was "so" in for the night! : )













11 comments:

  1. You have fun friends!
    And I love the green! I matches your dining room! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had sooo much fun, and can't wait for tonight! We just adore and love ya'll so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's nothing like game night with friends! I can't wait to hear about your murder mystery party!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your friends are so blessed to get such incredible gifts from you. Looks like you had so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sad we're missing the party!! I can't wait to see the pictures though! Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun to have great friends come over! I can't wait to hear all about the murder mystery party!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zayde is so cute!!!


    I am so excited you finished it! :) My Mother in law lives right by yall, (well kinda) they live in front of the pond. Anyways when do you want to get together? I can come by your house since I'm over that way all the time.. Just let me know! :) Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like you guys had fun. It's so crazy that you guys and the Hickmans are such good friends. It's amazing how we all come full circle. I haven't seen or heard from their family in ages--they're good people!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like you all had a blast! I love the B for Bichon and the girl frame too! Can't wait to hear how your Murder Mystery party turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a friend that has those same benches. It looks like you guys had tons of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hudson is so adorable! You got some great shots of him. You all are always doing something fun-it gives me incentive to make time to entertain more.

    ReplyDelete