Friday, December 7, 2007

Handmade By Me

Every year, I hand make my Christmas cards, and they were all mailed this morning. I usually start the process in late October, and by working a few nights each month, they are ready by the 2nd week in December. How many cards? This year I made 150. We send them to our co-workers, old high school friends, college friends, church friends, and family. Every year we make a few new friends and they get added to the list. Those we don't see or hear from (or get a card from in return) in years and years, we usually stop sending to. But, we usually try to send to everyone for several years before we update our list. You basically have to fall of the the planet for us to not send to you. I read last week in a Christmas magazine from Lowes that the average family mails 20 Christmas cards out and gets 20 in return. I guess we are weird. I love to make them, send them, and receive them though! When I get home from work, Bichon races outside to potty and it is all I can do not to step on her as I race out to the mailbox. Can you relate?





15 comments:

  1. Those look great, and I can totally relate. Last year we sent out over a hundred and it looks like we will be close to the same this year even after I tried to scale back our list a little bit. I just picked up our picture today and they are just waiting on stamps. It's SO fun to get fun mail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you! I'm making our Christmas cards, but I'm making 10. haha! the rest are store bought. eh, so sue me.
    (but it's taking me a LONG time to make these 10 cards!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are adorable. We also send out a lot of cards, but I don't make them. It still seems to take a long time so I can't imagine how long it would take if they were hand made. I have gotten lazy the last couple of years and haven't sent any out.

    Thanks about the pictures. They're located by Target, and I love that they're ready in 20 minutes. Definitely not cheap, but worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great! whew, that's a lot of cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love tehm..But is that a pink shirt Your Hubby is wearing??? I'd NEVER get my Hubby close to wearing pink!!!! Cute Cute!!
    I send out alot!!!! I always have some elaborate scene I dress the kids up in!! They Love it!! LAst Year I did A atable Scene!! Yes...Our baby was a little bit over 2 months and I dressed our daughter up as Mary and the other 2 boys as wise men!! It turned out so cute!!!
    I too Love getting cards so much fun to see everyone's picks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. okay my typing was icky!! Stable Scene!! I meant!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know I am right there with you on the cards. We sent out 100 - so you have us beat. And I thought we sent a lot. ha! Every year I re-do my list and make cuts and adds. ha! Your cards look SO SO cute! We ordered ours and just got them in today so hopefully I'll have them mailed on Monday.
    Yes - Norma and Jamie are from Farmington so I imagine you do know them. I work with Norma - she is one of my favorite people.

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats on getting those done! mine are sitting on my desk as I get more and more unmotivated. for some reason i chose a really difficult design, and started way too late. i also do about 75 i'm really far behind already. maybe i'll scrap cards this year and use them for next year. who knows.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just got your card in the mail.....and I love it love it love it! Thanks for including me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so with you on this one. I love happy mail this time of year. It is so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally can relate!

    I send out over 100 every year, no matter how much I try to cull the list. I don't make all of them any more though.

    I also have to send out a kitschy Christmas letter.

    I love getting cards back too!

    ReplyDelete