Saturday, December 8, 2007

Painting

David took a day off of work and left Friday morning with two friends to go hiking. Their plan was to spend two nights in the woods and come home on Sunday. That meant I had a weekend alone. I LOVE spending time alone. I know that may sound like torture to some of you gals, but for me, being alone is a little slice of heaven. I love my husband, don't get me wrong, but I also love having a quiet, dark house, hours upon hours to think, and sing out loud, and craft, and clear my head. Being alone is therapy to me. I have never been the type of girl that is dependent on someone staying home to occupy me or keep me busy. I seem to find projects everywhere I look. I did see some family over the weekend, but I spent most of my time wearing my yoga pants and painting. So, I had a blank canvas and decided to paint a canvas for my friend Amy and her son, Zayde. She may totally dislike it, and that is okay. It is no Rembrandt. But, I do think it came out cute. So, Amy, if you don't want to hang it on the wall I TOTALLY understand. I just wanted to try it out and see how it would look! : )











18 comments:

  1. Very cute - I love the picture of Bichon with the canvas - she looks thrilled.
    I love to be alone too. Although Scott rarely goes anywhere without me but he is going hunting next weekend so I will have a weekend alone and I can't wait! I can get my shopping and wrapping all finished and watch chick flicks and work on projects! I'll miss him but I'm excited for alone time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's adorable and I'm sure she'll hang it on the wall...a McCash original..who wouldn't!!! ;-) Love you girly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute!

    I laughed at the first part of your post, because I too love being alone from time to time! I love being with Jason, but I definitely need my alone time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww Bichon likes the painting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're so creative! i love hanging out by myself a lot too! it's good thinking and creating time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the encouragement! I received your card yesterday- very cute! I like reading christmas letters! So fun. Have a good rest of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alone you say alnoe...I love my kids to death but man I crave alone sometimes!!!
    Love the project!!! I'll maybe have to posst one I did recently ..You'd beable to do it in a heartbeat!! You too are so crafty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a weirdo. I hate being alone. I want it so badly sometimes but it only last about an hour. Occasionally Jeff takes the kids to the library without me and I get a chance to be creative, then I don't mind being by myself. Its hard to do much with a kid hanging on your arm.
    I love the plaque. I thought about doing something like that for jeff and my parents'. They are all the type to go out and just buy anything they really need or want.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, Jessica!! I think I'm going to cry- I love, love, love it! You don't know how hard I looked in Canton to find something that said 'Prince' that I could add 'Zayde' to. And the line below that says, "I'm the Son of a King" makes it soooo much better!! I will hang it very proudly!! I'm stunned and in awe! I can't wait to give you a big hug- I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. P.S. They had TONS of signs that said 'Princess' but none that said 'Prince'

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's adorable! I"m sure she will be proud to hang it in Zayde's room.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how special Amy must feel, to have a friend like you Jessica. That is such a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it! I'm sure Zayde and his mommy will too! I like being alone during the day but night is a completely different story!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So nice to meet you! :)

    I totally get the being alone thing! Rarely do I get lonely. I love people, but I have to be alone to "recharge".

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks cute to me! I am sure your friend will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely adorable! You have a such a talent!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love those colors! I am an alone girl too. I get excited when husband leaves for a weekend and I have time to myself. There is no secret about it. I let husband know it's time for a trip.

    ReplyDelete