Sunday, December 23, 2007

This Weekend in Pictures!

Thursday night two of my favorite nieces came to visit, along with David's mother, JoAnn. The girls are so pretty and so much fun! They brought a Christmas gift for their Uncle David and I- a beautiful framed print of Jesus with a flock of sheep. The girls, Chyann and Madison, love our new house and spend lots of their time exploring it and the grounds. They also love the big tile shower, and so as a treat, I let them borrow P.J. shirts and play in the water. They own my heart.




















All week my students have generously brought me Christmas gifts. I never expect it of course, and so it is always a very humbling experience to receive a gift from a small child. Friday, was no exception. Our counter was covered in treats. I love my kids- they are like my very own!



Friday night, David, Rachel, and I went to Applebees for dinner and then rented the newest Pirates of the Caribbean movie and took it home. We had a great time hanging out together. Rachel is the closest thing I have to a little sister- our mothers are sisters, and we are both only children. We drove around after dinner in some of Fayetteville's prettiest neighborhoods and admired the Christmas lights.











Saturday afternoon I ventured to Walmart and found these darling Christmas pillows! I love that they are cream and simple. I'm not really a big fan of "cheesy" holiday decor, but I think these pillows are really pretty and classy. I especially love that the Noel pillow has the Eiffel Tower since most of my decor is very French! Walmart is every gal's closest ally. : )





This soap pump was a gift from a student this Friday. With Christmas dinner being at our house this year, I am thrilled to have a little Christmas in every room. Having people over is the most natural expression of my love. I love my family with a big love!



I think I have seriously received over 60 Christmas cards so far!! I am running out of room! Saturday I statred using the other built in to hold some. I love cards and have looked at them over, and over, and over again already! I love reconnecting during this time of year! Does anyone have a neat way to display their cards??






I have received many beautiful cards. These are my three favorite from this week!







With Christmas approaching, our tree looks so cozy. I love pretty Christmas presents- especially wrapped in trendy paper and covered in bows. I love knowing that these gifts will bring a smile to the faces of the ones I love.





Saturday afternoon, David and I went to the movie theater to see "I Am Legend," with Will Smith. It was very scary. It was not what I expected at all, and I am still not sure what I think about it. When we left that morning to go shopping at Kirklands and Bed, Bath, and Beyond, it was warm and I wore black capris. By the time our movie was ready to start, it was freezing!! David took me to Old Navy and bought me a fleece pullover because the movies are always so cold. It helped keep me warm, and when I was freaked out, I could pull the neck over my eyes. Perfect!! : )

(As a side note- We didn't know it at the time, but my parents were in the same movie at the same time. We actually sat only three rows apart, but had no idea and never saw each other! Weird, hu??)



Sunday morning, my mom came over to help me make a Christmas stocking with my new "old" sewing machine. Because it is my mom's old Singer machine, she is an expert on all of its wacky workings. I really, really want to learn! I'm getting there (slowly, but surely) This stocking is a Christmas gift for my friend's son, Hudson.







Sunday afternoon- cold winter photo shoot at my parents' house.





Sunday, we went to Sam's Club with my parents and went shopping. We had a really nice dinner together using the food we bought and were excited to share it with my uncle, Tim. For dessert we had butter cookies and peach ice cream.

17 comments:

  1. Wow - you have all kinds of things to post about. I don't even know where to start. I love your Wal-Mart pillows and I'm looking for a good way to display Christmas cards too. I just keep them in a basket but I have around 50-60 this year and I think it would be neat to display them. I saw boomama has a tree she hangs them on. Pretty cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say thanks for stopping by my blog and have a Merry Christmas!

    http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaBugs/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun weekend! I get lots of little treats, too, from my kids. It's great b/c I take a handful from everything and arrange it on a tray and take it to different parties throughout the season. It makes a great little appetizer tray!

    By the way, great job on the stocking! It's adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been searching for the perfect stocking for Jordan, maybe you could help me out with that ;-)

    You're a doll and I can't wait to hang out with you---how's the latter part of the week look for you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love all of the pictures!!
    && I told you that " I am Legend" was scary!! lol....
    I missed you today =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. busy busy busy!
    Your neices are SO cute! No wonder they own your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. David's nieces could pass as your daughters--they really do resemble you (although that sounds crazy). They are beautiful little girls! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of all the things I saw on your post my two favorite are the pillows...love them and David eating grapefruit! I eat grapefruit every day it seems like. I love it! So obviously I noticed your hubby enjoying one of my favorite snacks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so pretty! You and your family, and your house, everything just looks so warm and friendly! I am an only child too.

    I went to Michael's yesterday to stock up on enough "project material" to keep me busy over the next few days. What's funny is I found myself thinking I bet Jessica could come up with a cool project and help me organize all of my stuff! Isn't it funny how the blogging world makes us all "know" each other?!

    I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am in love with your stocking!!
    That is hilarious that you were in the same movie with your parents! :-)
    My husband and I also rented the third Pirates Friday night. Unfotuantely it was so long I fell asleep and still haven't finished it.

    I hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think Thursday looks fine--barring any crazy family stuff that may come up, but I think it should be on a break by Thursday.

    What time?

    ReplyDelete
  12. im typing one handed...tie (or attach) ribbon somehow to a wall or shelf with hooks (or the edges of your mantle) and then get those mini clothespins to hang your cards with. OR make a french memory board w/a Christmas theme and put them in that.

    I just use a basket. :) I've always thought about a neat way to display-just never have done it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It sounds like you all had a fun weekend... Call when you get a chance to get together with us for our Christmas exchange.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Jessica. So glad you stopped by my blog! Yours is WAY fun!

    I'm an Arkansas gal myself. Originally from Jonesboro, but lived in Arkadelphia before moving to Colorado 4 years ago. Arkansas is beautiful, but I'm a mountain girl these days!!!

    I loved reading your profile and seeing all the fun places you've been on your motorcycle. Probably makes everything seem even more majestic that way.

    Merry Christmas!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love that stocking! i was wondering if there was a pattern you could share?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loved looking at all of your Christmas pictures.

    Thanks for picking my card as one of your favorites. I had a lot of fun making them this year.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your nieces are just beautiful! I almost bought those same pillows-love them. Time with family is always a great way to spend the weekend.

    ReplyDelete