Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Where the Magic Happens!








We have officially been in the new house for a month. It has flown by! We are finishing up projects, though some things will take a year (i.e. the yard.) My craft room, though very important and high on my priority list, has been pushed by the wayside as of late. I took some pictures two nights ago to update you on its progress. I framed three of our blueprints for some fun art, and will have guests sign it at our Open House. I thought it would be a cheaper alternative to art,and a lot more unique. As much as you pay for blueprints, you should frame them, right? : ) I figure you only build a house once or twice in your lifetime, so I might as well. I have tried to organize by using labels, and so far I like them. In the near future though, I plan on revamping my organization and modifying my shelving. For now, it works and I am happy; I know where things are, and can use them quickly. We did stained concrete all downstairs in the office and craft room, and I am loving it~ easy clean up when you are cutting paper and using embossing powder. I have three custom frames to make for this coming weekend, and a baby scrapbook to get started for another client. I also bought my card stock, paper, and ribbon to begin my annual frenzy of what I like to call my "Crafty Christmas Card Craziness!"

*My Moving Announcements are mailed! : )

13 comments:

  1. Love the blueprint idea!!

    So... when are you coming to Alabama? I need some help decorating and I think we would be great friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous of your craft room!

    Love the invitations!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wonder if i found your blog through our joint hobby of scrapbooking. i have a hobby room also, shelved & labeled and it's my little cozy cubby in the world. I read somewhere that "every women on earth needs a space of her own" and I believe that wholeheartedly. My hobby room is also my book room, my TV room, my office and everything else strictly related just to me. I start & end my day here and I love it! Good for you to plan it in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the baskets of ribbon on the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY GOODNESS.....I LOVE this room and WANT one! I have a scrapbooking table in our office, but I never seem to have quite enough room. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That hobby room is so GREAT! You are lucky to have so much room just to craft!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recieved my Open House Invitation today, and just love it. It's on my fridge now!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to get my craft room together in the new house. I loved having my craft room setup in the old house. Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey girl!!
    We got our moving announcement today too!!
    The graft room looks good =]
    Happy Birthday to me!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful craft room!
    May it always be so neat and tidy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. jessica if you're looking for good organizational tips, mine's okay, but i should email you these pics of a room from BH&G that I cut out a few months ago. the room layout even looks like your room, like where the door is & stuff. if you want, i'll email them to you. just email me your email (it's on my profile) and i'll zip them over to you! i think you'll love the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The moving announcements were beautiful! Another great job by J McCash!

    ReplyDelete