Thursday, September 6, 2007

Getting Worried!




Thursday nights, David gets off work at 6:00 from the bank, so when 6:30 rolled around tonight, I got worried. I called, and he didn't answer, which was strange for him, because when he is off, he calls on his way home. I tried calling again and again. You know how it goes when you are nervous, and so you think if you keep calling and calling, eventually it will make them pick up faster? I don't quite have this theory figured out, but I am a big believer in it. Finally, after my dinner had about burnt up, I heard the garage door open, and the Bichon zoo kick into a barking frenzy. I raced down the stairs, ready to hug him for making me so scared, and ready to get dramatic on him for not answering his phone. That's when I saw this enter the garage. Oh! Earth to Jessica! He rode the motorcycle to work today. I really had no idea though because I left before he did, and didn't talk to him at all during the day. I guess I shouldn't be so hard on him. It would be a tough feat to drive a motorcycle, stay balanced, stand up, weave through traffic, and dig into your pocket for your phone. I'm just glad he is okay. I worry compulsively about pretty much everything- is the curling iron off? Did I lock the front door back last night? Is it possible those sirens are headed toward our house? Why is David not answering his phone? Well, here is a toast to another mystery solved. When driving a motorcycle, don't answer your cell. Period. And I'm okay with that. : )

(He is smiling because his wife just ran down the stairs, threw open the door, hugged him with gusto, and began snapping pictures. I know he felt like the rajah coming in on his camel from a hard day of turning big rocks into little rocks....)

5 comments:

  1. Jessica... you are so funny! I have been laughing at your posts. You should be a writer for a movie or books or something... you do great at getting the reader's attention!!
    Hey, great craft ideas you've posted. That is so nice that you have your own crafting space (room) to do it in. I need one of those myself! Half the time I have my own projects out on our kitchen table.. makes for a cluttered mess! I need to come over and see what all you've done since I've been there. From looking at the pictures, everything is looking great!
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that he was ok. Try not to worry so much. Remember God clothes the lilies of the field. How much more will he take care of you (and David)?

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, actually Mr.David stopped by to drop off the camera chip, but he was doing just great hanging out on his great big motorcycle running up & down the highway on his way home. But if you didn't worry about him there might be something wrong. Its only normal to worry about those that you love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're not alone....when BJ doesn't/can't answer his phone I go crazy! It's not pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comment on my blog. This story was too cute. I bet he felt the love!!!

    ReplyDelete