Saturday, September 8, 2007

Open House






Mom came over on Saturday to take pictures for our upcoming open house. She took over 60, which made it hard to choose. None of these above were the winning photo, but they were close runners-up. The overcast skies today made for great conditions since we didn't have to fight with the sun or shadows. My cards (all 110 of them!!) are ready to be mailed, after I attach my fabulous picture! : ) Mom and I went to the Salvation Army, of course, to dig for treasure and found so many great surprises! One surprise- three huge foam balls in graduating sizes, great for a topiary tree I plan on making pronto! Yipee!! We also ran to Hobby Lobby, where paper was 50 % off today. I picked up everything to get my Christmas cards started. David spent the day working in the rain on our retaining wall. He bought the landscaping pavers and made a rounded wall around our driveway. I'm so glad we can check that off our list. I can't wait to have everyone over for my open house!

6 comments:

  1. I think the pictures are all very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys look too cute! I hope everything goes well for your Open House. Be sure to show us the invitation after they are all mailed out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping my place! I see you are a 5th grade teacher; my oldest boy is a 5th grader. Great age.

    What nice photos! The third one you posted is my favorite.

    Good luck with your tree and cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm majoring in early childhood education. you're a 5th grade teacher right? i'm hoping to teach kindergarten. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute blog Jessica. i was just surfing around and came to you. hope your open house is fun; your house looks really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They all look great! I have the exact same front door!

    Can't wait to see the topiary!

    ReplyDelete