Sunday, September 2, 2007

Antique Chairs- New Again!

Before- Green, rusted, and chipping......

First, we applied paint stripper and scraped all the old paint off, layer after layer.



Next, we used rags to wipe off the paint and stripper mixture. We then sanded them smooth.


We then spray painted the chairs a fun red color, and topped them off with a Rust-oleum clear coat.



Finally, they were moved to our deck! I know I could have bought something ready made, but we had fun, and just knowing I saved some antiques from the trash makes me smile!

4 comments:

  1. WOW! Trash to treasure for sure!! Loving those red chairs!! You are giving them new life and they are as cute as can be! And so are you Jessica!!
    SOOO glad we found each others blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute... I kind of liked them the sage green color before but the red is cute with that table cloth. Good job Miss Jessica. You have a way with saving old junk & giving it new life. Thats being very crafty & thrifty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amber--bored at the bank--CreamerSeptember 4, 2007 at 1:42 PM

    WHAT BEAUTY!! I am just screaming over these beautiful, classy chairs. About a year ago, I told my roommate how great these chairs would be RED. Im so proud they found a good home with a fabulous crafty owner!

    ReplyDelete