Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Camping Reservations

My Fall checklist included "Camping Out" as a "must-have!" this season.
 
Sadly though, we woke one morning this past week to find this in our front yard.
 
Snow!
 
It was then I had to face the facts.
 
Camping just wasn't going to happen.
 
Henry is a tough baby and all,
but nursing in a cold little tent with snow possibilities is cray-cray.
 
So, I did what any mother with a unfulfilled checklist does.
 
I moped and shuffled.
 
And David, apparently, felt sorry for me {ha!}
because he came home with gifts:
 
PVC pipe, painter's drop cloth, and accessories.
 
 
His engineering mind to the rescue!
And an indoor eight foot tent with a 12 pitch roof was born in our formal living room.




 
Painter's drop cloth {$7!} covered the entire frame


 
And it was decorated with tree limbs, foliage, camping lanterns, and a reservation sign.
 
Just for us.
 
And my checklist.
: )

 
And we had a two-night camp out complete with all things "outdoorsy."
It was whimsical and flowy and like a movie set in our house for a few nights.
 




 
With room for the entire family, we ate popcorn and cupcakes,
 read camping books, and snuggled under sleeping bags.
 
To say the kids had fun is a total understatement!











 
And the best part of "at-home" camping?
 
Having access to a real oven!
In the morning,
I treated everyone to a homemade brunch of hash brown and broccoli quiche!

 
And it was fantastic!

 
So, I'm happy to report that.....

 
{I'll add this under "tutorials" at the top, in case you want to camp indoors, too!}
 
 photo signature_zpsf4b92bae.jpg

3 comments:

  1. I love it! Better yet all my boys would love it!! Tomorrow just so happens to start fall break and due to a nasty stomach virus that I dont want to risk re-occuring our real vacations has been postponed. This may be the perfect activity to keep us entertained!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!! Kemper

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun!! I might just steal your idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indoor camping sounds much better to me! I think the best thing would be the indoor plumbing!

    ReplyDelete