Sunday, October 29, 2006

Making handmade cards!






I am happy to host my friend Amy's baby shower coming up in November. This is her first pregnancy, and I couldn't resist making the invitations by hand! It has taken several hours, since I am dry embossing them, but so far, so good. Dry embossing involves using a stylus ( a small metal tool), a stencil, and a light kit. You press a thick paper into the stencil using the stylus, and by having the light shine up through it, the shape "pops" up off the paper toward you. I still have tons more work to do on the front and inside, but the hardest work is over. I think they look adorable and will match her nursery colors perfectly. If only I could do this for a living- I would have it made! : ) I'll post the finished project soon!

1 comment:

  1. These look great. Alot of work went into these. This should make Amy feel very special.

    ReplyDelete