Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas Cards 2010

My Christmas cards are assembled, glued, wrapped, and tied! All 160 handmade creations are being mailed out by Thursday. I type a newsletter and include a family picture every year. I had a great time getting them assembled and really enjoyed the creative, hands-on process. Card making is so calming- does anyone else make their own cards? I love deciding on a color theme and building the card from there, layer by layer. I scrapbook my cards that I make in a Christmas album each year, and I also save my favorite Christmas cards and pictures from friends and family members and scrapbook them by year in separate album. I definitley receive cards from people who inspire me with their creativity- don't you love getting mail!







And just for fun:

My Christmas cards from 2009

My Christmas cards from 2008 (very end of the post)

My Christmas cards from 2007

I've been making them in mass assembly line style since 2001 when we married, but I unfortunately haven't blogged that long. I'm pretty sure I could look back and find more, but it turned into a bigger hunt than I was willing to search for.  : ) Do you have a way to save or display Christmas cards? I'm always looking for new ideas! Do you have a favorite "family" that sends cards that you look forward to each year?

And for the family, my little Christmas baby is a jolly little fella! He brings us so much laughter!


9 comments:

  1. WOW!!! I also love the new header pic! Adorable family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cards look great! I don't think I could have that much patience! Cute pictures of sweet Harbor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just the little bit we saw with your cards look amazing! You are so talented and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica ~ I am so impressed! I have never made our Christmas cards, but it's something I would LOVE to do. Hopefully I can make the time one of these years. I'm a scrapbooker and card maker in general - one of my favorite things to do, but never enough time! I could do it all day long. I love all your crafty stuff and Harbor's shirts - so talented. We have taped our Christmas cards to the inside of the storage tubs with all of our Christmas decorations in it each year. I do keep the cards from each year that we receive, but I just put them in a large envelope and date them with the year - no real fun idea there :) We have displayed them during the Christmas season on fishing line - making rows of lines on a wall or across a room. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So amazing! And I love the new blog look, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am always impressed that you make your Christmas cards! I'd love to do that, but I feel like I don't have the time even if I did start in the summer! I love your new header!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colors you used on your cards! Harbor is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the color of your cards and I love your hair in the header pic. Can u post a front pic of your cards ??

    ReplyDelete