Thursday, June 24, 2010

Worlds Apart

This past springbreak, we traveled with my family to Breckenridge and Keystone, Colorado to ski, snowboard, and, well, let's face it, fall down a little bit! We had a great time. My good friends know that I would choose the mountains over the beach any day of the week.





On the other side of the world, the very same week, David's mom, his oldest sister, and her husband were in Greece. They did a lot of hiking, sitting on tour buses, and eating olives. All of David's siblings (David is the baby of six) donated money to the "Send Grandma to Greece" fund. With all of us kids and grandkids pitching in, we were able to give her a very nice trip. She deserved it! They visited Apollo's temple, Athens, Olympia, and the Parthenon among other places.


(David's sister, Susan, and his momma)





Two weeks ago, at Joann's 70th birthday party, she passed out a few little goodies she picked up in Greece that she had forgotten to hand out earlier. Harbor wore his little Greece shirt yesterday- thanks, Grandma McCash! It is very special to us and we know it was bought with love.


5 comments:

  1. Jessica,
    I as well, am a mountain girl. I knew we were separted at birth =)

    Greece is the one place besides Israel that I'd LOVE to go one day. Those two places are on my mental list. Maybe someday...

    Have a Blessed weekend,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to visit Greece! Hopefully someday we will make it! I however am a beach girl!! I love a vacation where I can lay on the beach doing nothing but watching the boys splash in the ocean!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to snow ski. I have never been. Harbor is the cutest! I have him picked out for Mady. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jessica! I love your blog...you have such great ideas. I stole some birthday party ideas from your blog.:0) Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm more of a beach girl but we just got back from Colorado this past week....and I LOVED it! We stayed in Copper Mountain but visited Breckenridge. It is beautiful there! Next time I want to go during the winter season! :) Cute blog!

    ReplyDelete