Friday, June 6, 2008

My First Week of Summer Vacation!

I have loved my first week of summer vacation! Monday, I had a Dr.'s appointment, where everything looked great and I got to hear the heartbeat. Tuesday, I had a hair appointment and had lunch with my granny. Wednesday my friend Brandy came over to visit for a couple of hours, Thursday I had lunch again with my granny and went to Hobby Lobby where the paper was half off and got some things for my Christmas cards and 4th of July cards, and Friday, today, David and I met up for lunch and I went to visit my friend Miranda and her girls in their new house. I have been busy! I think this next week though will be a bit slower. I am looking forward to that. : ) The weather has been warm and wonderful. What a perfect first week off for summer!


Rachel graduated with honors and walked away with several scholarships. We are so proud of her! She is looking into teaching, so I am thrilled!!!







These pictures were taken out of my laundry room window. Every day for the past two weeks, a robin has been sitting on the window ledge and pecking at the glass. It is the strangest thing because that window is on the 2nd story of the house. It almost acts like a woodpecker and really taps at that window. Bichon sits on the back of the couch in the living room and just barks at that bird. It can get annoying, let me tell you. Well, a few days ago, I finally told David about it because it happened to land at a time when he was home. David got the funniest look on his face and told me that he had been putting bread crumbs on the window sill for him... Grrrr..... : )







Rachel came over today on her break from the pool to have a snack and visit. Since my house is only about four minutes from the pool, it is a close drive for her. When she got here, I made her pose with her lifeguard suit on. I told her it reminded me of Baywatch, except she is a much better person than those Baywatch gals. Ha, ha! : )





Making 4th of July cards at home. :)





17 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing to hear the heartbeat? How much longer until you find out boy or girl? I am so ready to see how you decorate the nursery! Do you have names picked out yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love summer vacation!! Your cards look great! You have to tell us more about being pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel looks adorable in her lifeguard outfit! I think it's great that you get the entire summer off (although it seems to get shorter every year).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl! I've missed catching up with you. I'm glad that you are having a great first week of vacation! My kids had their last day of school today and my daughter has her dance recital tomorrow. We are not doing anything this summer in regards to camps or activities. I'm looking SO forward to taking it easy and not having to run around. LOL

    I love your 4th of July cards. Very cute. I created some paper piece cards for the 4th. I can't wait to see your Christmas cards.

    So when are you due? Have you started nursery planning??

    Email me sometime so we can catch up. :) BTW, Rachel looks beautiful in her cap and gown.......and her lifeguard suit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the pics! PLEASE give an update on the baby/pregnancy. Inquiring minds??????

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you make your own cards. I would love to do that. If you figure out how to continue making cards after the baby comes, PLEASE let me know the tip. I haven't gotten my stamp stuff out in about 20 months now! ha! I really miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you have been busy. I love Rachel's hat did you help her decorate that??? I am so impressed that you do 4th of July cards.:)
    Hope the pregnancy is going well.
    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for you being done with school! That's cute about David leaving bread crumbs for the bird. Sneaky, but cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO CUTE GIRL!! HOPE YOU ARE FEELING WELL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad to hear that you are enjoying your summer, so far! You make the cutest cards. I need a lesson. :) I have never seen anyone decorate their grad hat, how fun!! Hope your feeling better and your pregnancy is going great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like Miss Rachel is taking after her big sister Jessica..on the hat at graduation.Rachel did a great job on decorating it. Rachel looks so grown up now, the years have gone so fast & Rachel has grown into a beautiful young women. We are all so proud of her. Look out college here Miss Rachel comes....Love the bird on the window sill. That sounds just like something David would do, Ha!!!!I look forward to the Christmas card. I will have fun with taking photos for that card for sure...with Bichon & new baby McCash. Life is about to get even more busier.Love you...Mom

    ReplyDelete
  12. Do you do birth announcements? I bet your cards would be soo cute for a baby???

    We need to talk about that!!! :)
    We aren't due til September--so maybe we could talk before then or after--

    Amanda Moore (fan of your cards)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad you are enjoying your time off!! It makes me wish I got the summer off too!! I can't believe you have the energy to make all of those cards! You are awesome at that!!

    You are looking great too! You need to take a full body shot so that we can see your belly!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so glad that your first week off went well =)! Hearing Vance's heartbeat for the first time just brought tears to my eyes...

    Love the 4th of July Cards!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Please Please Please post more! Girl, I'm telling you I miss you and I know sooooooooooooooooooo many other do too!!!!! =)

    Rachel looks cute as ever as a "BAY WATCH GAL" lol =) I love the pic of the back of her swim suit! Tooo CUTE!

    Girl...
    You did have a busy week! Ugh...
    You were all over the place! I bet you LOVE having summers off! We are so excited to be off work next week! Lil Miss "H" is coming to stay with us! We are going to go to the beach, zoo, Splashtown, etc...FUN FUN FUN TIMES!

    Tell David not to feed the birds on the window sill...that is just FREAKY! lol

    Have a FUN RELAXING week! I look forward to more blog post!

    PS - Congrats on your DR visit! =) Sounds like everything is going GREAT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad to hear that you are enjoying your summer vacation.

    Great cards and you look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jessica-
    You cannot know how happy I am to see you post. I was getting concerned about you. I know you must be tired.
    Hurray for R graduationg and what a beauty she ins in her Baywatch shots. Cute suit!
    And that knocking you hear, it is "Feed me". How sweet of David. Now, really, go and feed that bird! Will you please put him a little window feederout there? The little kind that sticks to your window (lowes and home depot) Please, for me?
    I have such card envy! You are seriously the most talented person I know. You make every holiday speical for some lucky recipients. You always take your time and details, I am sure that those that receive must know how special they are! Beautiful. Admirable. It says alot abou tthe person you are!
    And you, btw, look amazing. But then aagin you always do. Preg. suits you though.
    I miss you!

    ReplyDelete