Sunday, May 20, 2007

Hiking on Sunday at Hemmed-In-Hollow!












On Sunday, David and I met up with Zack and decided to do a full day's hike in Ponca at Hemmed-In-Hollow. It was intense! Zack warned me that it was the hardest trail difficulty (strenuous), but I told him I could handle it. Both guys were afraid I would tucker out, but since they invited me to tag along, I tried my best not to let them down. I didn't slip, fall, drown, or whine, so I think I did pretty good! : ) It was a 10 mile round trip hike, mostly uphill and on steep, uneven ground. The trip included four river crossings and a great 200 ft. drop waterfall. There were tons of people in canoes- it made us wish we had ours out! We, unlike those people, hiked all the way in, and had to hike all the way out. We burned some major calories! The rivers hit me right at thigh level, and were a refreshing break- they currents weren't too bad actually. We had a fun time, but were beat coming up the last 5 miles to the Jeep. Round trip time to hike it out: eight hours on foot. The scenery was amazing, the weather perfect, and company superb! We did miss Amy though!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you missed me. It looks like you had a blast; I'm very jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive. I think I would have literally died. Just thinking about it makes my legs hurt ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a trooper Miss Jessica, you & David should of went on your walk after you got home,Ha!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The scenery was just beautiful. Looks like you all had a great day!
    Love, Cathy

    ReplyDelete