Saturday, November 15, 2014

Five Potato Fries

At our house, we make what we call, "Five Potato Fries."
This is because, other than the potatoes themselves, you only need five ingredients.

And this is also one of those recipes that is so easy and simple that it isn't really even a recipe.

But, just in case you're not eating fries as a side dish because it never crosses your mind,
 or you're baking frozen fries out of habit, let me share a quick way to feed a lot of people on the cheap.
: )

Other than a few good baking potatoes, you need only five things:

Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Onion Powder
Paprika
Chili Powder
and
Garlic


We like to leave the skins on for a good, crisp bite on the underside.
Wash them up and slice them thick.


Chunk them up into wedges. 


Spray a baking sheet with non stick and preheat your oven to 450 degrees.


Lay them skin side down and drizzle EVOO on the tops.


Like so.


I don't measure the spices, but I would imagine a good 2-3 tablespoons of each.
I just hold my spice jar upside down and shake down the row.


and shake and shake and shake...


Until all the spices have been added.
Then I add some more EVOO across the tops.
Lather them up.
Don't be shy. 
: )


And because I'm lazy and try to dirty as few bowls as possible, 
I use a spatula and mix them all up right there on the baking sheet.


And then I straighten them back out so the skins are down again.


Cover loosely with foil and bake for about 45 minutes or so.
I keep mine on the lowest rack and check them often.
We like ours softer as opposed to crunchier, but whatever floats your boat.


And in the next 45 minutes, you could fry yourself up some chopped steak, like I did.

No ketchup needed! They're that good!


{I'll add this recipe to our recipe tab at the top!}
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment