A running list of this week's happenings:
1. The hospital still has not called with the three-hour glucose results. I'm guessing no news is good news?
2. My mom has started painting her nursery. She has also finished her crib bedding. I will post pictures in a week or so of "her" nursery. We went with very different styles, so it has been fun for both of us to go in the direction we wanted. Her bedding is chocolate and cream giraffe print, lime green, and robin egg blue stripes.
3. David and I, and of course Bichon, took a walk at Battlefield Park on Saturday. It was a pretty strenuous hike and I had some braxton hicks contractions at the end. Later that night, I felt the weirdest sensation and it took me awhile to figure out what it was... Harbor had hiccups! : )
4. If there is an art to faking it, we have mastered this concept. David had a hiking trip planned with some guy friends for this weekend, but it got cancelled last minute. I knew he was a little bummed because he wanted to go while the water level was up. A few nights ago, David asked if I would go camping with him. I laughed. Yeah, right. At 28 weeks along, I found that question quite humorous. When he explained his plan though, I gave in. He blew up the queen air mattress (which is very comfy!), zipped together two sleeping bags, and set the whole shibang up on our upper deck, outside. Click here to see our upper deck and backyard for a better idea of how this went. I waddled out there, plopped down, and the three of us began dozing to the sounds of crickets. Bichon did such a good job of staying on the air mattress without a leash. In fact, she never got off, not all night long. Anyway, about 3:00 a.m. the sound of dogs yipping and howling woke me. I shook David and he told me that they were not dogs, but coyotes, and that they were far away. I went back to sleep and Bichon lied her head back down on the blanket. Not 15 minutes later, David and I both sat straight up. The coyotes were literally in our backyard, howling and snarling. Bichon shook like a leaf- very sad. : ( David whispered in the dark, "Get Bichon and get inside now." Let me tell ya, you have never seen a seven month preggers woman bounce off an air mattress so fast. We all high tailed it inside, laughing only after we were in. We slept in the real bed all night after that. In the morning, we had quite a chuckle. Fake camping was pretty exciting.
5. My mom dropped by over the weekend to deliver her latest project- a custom bassinet for Harbor William. She had leftover fabric from her bedding, and decided to completely redo an old bassinet for him. I love that it has wheels so I can wheel it around in the house. Our entire house is tiled- even the living room, except for the bedrooms. When we built last year, we wanted as little carpet as possible. The eyelet material is really sweet, but I love the animal print inside. The fabric on the inside is part of her bumper pads in her nursery. Of course, Bichon, our current baby, had to test it out. : ) She gave it two paws up!
Mom also brought over a lime and white toile blanket and a frame.
6. My mom also brought, last weekend, two cardboard cutouts from the bank where she works. They were going to trash them and she couldn't bear it, so I guess she thought I would be open-hearted and compassionate and adopt them. Well, can I just say that they are life sized. There is nothing more freaky than bumping into of them in the middle night, thus, they are currently residing downstairs in the office. James Dean was smoking a cigarette and my mom didn't like it, so she painted some new lips on the fella. David didn't like him at all and said he would burned alive in the brush plie if he stayed any longer, and mom promptly repacked the guy in her car. Elvis Presely- Bill Clinton, however will be moving into my classroom shortly. I am naming him "Bill Presley" for short. Thanks, mom. I know we will warm up to each other shortly. : )
Let me also add that some of you really made me laugh at your stories of falling while pregnant! I know it wasn't funny at the time when you fell, or got stuck behind the couch, or wrecked the car, but I got a good chuckle of it. It made me feel better! Thanks! : )