Friday, November 9, 2007

Motorcycle

I got home from work at about 4:00 today. David rolled in about 15 minutes after me and gave me 10 minutes to get ready for dinner. I thought this was so comical considering I blogged about his habit of doing this yesterday. Here is what went down:

David: We have dinner plans. You have 10 minutes to get ready.

Jessica: You are absolutely kidding me, David.

David: Hurry, hurry!! We have to be at the Olive Garden. We have a table.

Jessica: Who are we meeting? What is the rush? It is only 4:15!

David: Just us, honey. No need to impress anyone. But we have to hurry to beat the dinner crowd.

Jessica: Well, then I am going like this. I wore this to work and I don't want to change.

David: You are going to freeze!

Jessica: ??

David: We are taking the motorcycle.

Jessica: What? Are you kidding? It is freezing outside!!

David: I know. I just said that. I have already packed all of our leather. You need to take the jewelry off though. If it flies off, it is a long way back to Ft. Smith to find it.

Jessica: Ft. Smith? Are you freaking kidding me?

David: You now have 7 minute and our table is waiting.

Jessica: Crappers!





It was still pretty warm outside at this point.


David decides to take the old way to Ft. Smith through the mountains; he says he likes the curves. It is getting cold, so I have him pull over to suit up.
Lovely, I know.



I love how people stare you down when you come in to a restaurant dressed in leather. I can imagine the assumptions they make. Ft. Smith is definitely a little ghetto. It just cracks me up though because I am school teacher, and David is a banker. He, he, he...

After dinner at Olive Garden, we crossed the road and went into Big "K". There were so many fabulous goodies from the Martha Stewart line, but because we were on the bike, I didn't have room anywhere to bungee on a wreath. Shoot! We drive an hour in the dark, on the bypass, during deer season (yikes!), going 80 mph, and finally make it home around 9:30. My parents checked in on Bichon for us. They have a Goldwing also, so instead of chiding David for taking their daughter off, they asked how the weather was, if we had fun, and plan a ride on Monday for Veteran's Day and take off work! I guess I won't be going with them. I'm not off. David is though. So, now they are all going all day Monday without me! : (
My parents love to ride! It is definitely a family affair.

David loved that I went with him spur of the moment. The whole ride home, he kept reaching back and squeezing my leg. I'm pretty sure the leg squeeze translates into "thank you."
Yes dear, you are welcome! Next time, give me more than 10 minutes!! Shessh....

11 comments:

  1. you were right passed my house when you were suiting up! Should have stopped by! ;-) Not really, my house is always a disaster, but ya know. You were just a hop skip and jump down the road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look adorable in your leathers! David wants another bike so bad (we sold ours when we bought our house). I love the video. Brooklynn did too--she danced the whole song!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now Ya know what I think when I watch someone come in all suited up as Iam sitting at a table with my monsters(not Olive Garden)???
    Gosh I wish I were them!!!!
    and yes there is You might not of caught it but it is
    www.uppercaseliving.com and see if ya can find a deomonstrater in your area!! let me know!! it is awesome things!!! If there's no demonstrators in your area let me know!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And yes this time of year gets really cold when the sun goes down, what fun. I must be getting old, I don't want to get cold. I only want to ride when its nice & warm & the sun is shining on your face, but hey what a great way to get out & enjoy the start to another great Fall weekend in Arkansas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yall know how to have a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess I am reading things out of order. How come you can video tape/take pictures but he is afraid you will lose your jewelry? (Just Kidding...)

    I hope you and your family have fun today out riding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so much fun! i'm jealous! I wish jason was like that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so jealous. I keep trying to talk Jeff into getting a bike. He always has an excuse. Something about fitting four kids on a bike. Maybe someday!

    ReplyDelete