Yes, there are still two days left in the "Give Away", but I really need to make a new post. It is hard for me to see the same post for days at a time. I know some of you who suffer from the same disease I have (blogitis) can relate! Here are a few pictures of the progress we have been making around here.
1. Zayde's birthday party is Saturday night! I wrapped his gift yesterday, and I wanted to show you the cute birthday cake ornament I bought at Christmas! I LOVE buying gifts for kids!
2. The ginormous flowrbeds outside are finished! David worked two weekends ago on them to get them finished up, and they look really nice under the big trees. Though we own over an acre, we built our house on the smallest tip of that acre, closest to the road because we are in a subdivision. As a way to cut back on mowing, these flowerbeds will help take up some space around the house! Now, all we need is warmer weather and we can start landscaping! David worked for a landscaping company several years ago, and he loves creating garden-like spaces. I can't wait to see some plants out there!
3. A few posts ago, I bought some pillows at T.J. Maxx, and I wanted to show you how fun they look in our bedroom! Our bedroom, as opposed to the rest of the house, is really calming. The walls in the rest of the house are lime, deep chocolate, red, orange... but our room is so soothing in yellow, blue, and brown. This bench is a great place to put shoes on, or lay folded clothes from the laundry room! David and I made last summer out of our old kitchen table. Click here to see how it was made: http://davidjessicamccash.blogspot.com/2007/08/operation-kitchen-table.html
4. Bichon's buffet in the laundry room is finally complete! (Until I find something cute and change it again!) My friend, Amy, painted this "B" for Bichon at Christmas and it looks so sweet above her toy basket. I painted the bone over the summer while we were still under construction. I wonder if that dog has any idea how much I love her? Probably not, because it is a ridiculous amount of love.
5. The garage is slowly, but surely resembling something I am proud of. David has been working hard to ensure some organization down there. We do have a big garage, but the last thing either of want to is to have it look like an episode of Samson and Sons. David made a peg board to hold his tools he needs regularly, and we installed a few free standing wall units to add shelving. One area is still a mess, and I take complete responsibiliy for it- the yard sale pile. This June, I hope to get rid of the clothing, home decor, and odds and ends gathering dust in the corner behind the motorcycle.
Thanks for stopping by!