Saturday, October 13, 2007

Chyann and Madison

Friday night, Chyann and Madison arrived for their "Auntie and Uncle" slumber party. We decided early on to give them everything they asked for, and spoil them rotten. It was a complete success, and all went home on Saturday full of Sour Patch Kids and bean burritos.

We went through Taco Bell drive-thru and took a picnic dinner to Gulley Park in Fayetteville. The girls wanted tacos and bean burritos. We talked it out in the drive-thru, held up traffic, and argued over the amount of beans a child could actually consume without exploding, or worse. We decided on the grande meal. It was a lot of food for four people, but we put it away. It made for an interesting night, let me tell ya....


David had the energy of a circus clown, and kept us entertained late into the night. He did the monkey bars, which the girls thought was hysterical. So did the passerby, but he didn't care. He also shouted random phrases into the night, such as, "This slide is designed for speed! You go over to the bridge and see if you can see me from the bars." "This angle reminds me of a question on my Physics test." And "No fair! The slide was so dark I lost my momentumn." I stared wild-eyed as he dove head first into the tunnel slide, and landed in the rocks. He didn't care. He was a kid again.







Chyann- "Let's go to the train at the baby playground."
Madison- "Yeah! Let's play a pretend game. We can be passengers on the train."
Chyann- "I'll be the manager."
Madison- "You're mean, Chy! I wanted to be the manager! You are a mean-ager, then." (The girls laugh at their play on words. I beam, thinking they are masters of the English language)
David- "What am I?" (He really wants to play.)
Chyann- "You can be the train conductor."
Madison- "Yeah! And Bichon can be your circus lion. A big, white lion!!"
Chyann- "Aunt Jessica, are you going to play?"
Jessica - "Sure. Thanks for including me in the game. What am I?"
Madison- "A spider."
Jessica- ????
Madison- "Now sit on the grass over there."


We took the girls by the UofA to see the pep rally. We stayed in the car because it was a bit chilly, but it was perfect because the marching band came right by our window.

On the way home, they discussed in the back seat whether or not they would take a shower in the "big" shower, or take a bath in the tub. They decided on the tub due to the "waves that would make them look like models."

Chyann- "Watch me, Aunt Jessica!"
(Chyann ducks her head under water, flips her hair upside down, and pushes it into a back comb-over style.)
Jessica- "I know what you are doing! We used to do that when we were kids.
You are the little mermaid, aren't you?"
Chyann- "No. George Wahington."



The girls, upon deciding what to do next, came down between watching Alice in Wonderland or Incredibles. David decided to become part of the voting proccess in order to "make it a fair vote." The Incredibles promplty started. The sour Patch Kids were devoured with the ferocity of a certain Edna Mole. Everyone was mesmerized by the tight, red spandex suits, and the fire-power of Jack-Jack. I snuck off to the "big" shower.

Ever since the girls were one and two, we have started sleep-over traditions. As a Reading teacher, one has always been the bedtime story ritual. Thier very favorite book of mine is Elves and the Shoemaker. As I read aloud, I found myself teaching adverbs and inferencing.
Chyann- "Look at those little men!"
Jessica- "Yes. They are called elves."
Chyann- "They look poor."
Jessica- "Why do you think they are poor?"
Chyann- "Because they are so short."

10 comments:

  1. Cute--great Aunt and Uncle! Are the girls twins?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lucky girls to have ya'll as aunt and uncle! I bet they LOVED spending the night with you! And how fun to have someone to spoil!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like so much fun!
    "This slide is designed for speed!"
    "No fair! The slide was so dark I lost my momentumn."
    oh i was cracking up! and by the way, we always used to be george washington in my pool. good times!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet girls! It looks like you guys had a fun night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun night!! I wish our niece and nephews lived closer. By the way, the contest is posted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I be your niece?! I want to bathe in the tub with waves that make me look like model-ha! Lucky girls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are absolutely beautiful little girls!! I would have thought they were being mermaids too--that's what I always did.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The girls are so pretty. I remember when they were first born, the years are passing so fast. I know they enjoy coming to vist as much as you & David enjoy having them over.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How Fun!! You two are the best Auntie and Uncle!! I can't wait for Zayde to have his first sleep-over at Auntie Jessica and Uncle David's!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The dialogue is too much!! I was laughing out loud. Looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete